Hot TD Coating (VCTDH)
IBC’s VCTDH coating is performed using a hot process (1800-1900 °F) that combines carbon from the tool surface with vanadium to grow a vanadium carbide layer that is metallurgically bonded to the substrate. This method of thermally diffusing a vanadium carbide layer onto the surface creates an incredible bond far stronger than any deposited coating, resulting in longer tool life.
- Metallurgical bond of VC with substrate
- Substrate is hardened to optimum hardness
- Can coat deep inside holes and pockets
- Phase content of the coating: VC
- Hardness of VC layer: 3300 - 3500 HV
- Hardness of base metal: 700 - 800 HV
- Layer thickness: 0.0004'' - 0.0006''
- Very low coefficient of friction
- No Coarsening of the base metal